3 lb / 1,350 grams blackberries
3 lb / 1,350 grams apples
3 lb / 1,350 grams sugar
1/2 oz / 14 grams pectin enzyme
2 lemons (their juice) or lemon juice from a bottle
Water up to 1 gallon
- Add pealed and chopped apples with the blackberries to about half a gallon of water and bring to the boil then I blend it with a hand blender and add the sugar.
- Allow to cool then add the lemon juice , Pectin , Yeast and yeast nutrient.
- Then pour in to a clean demijon and add air lock leave for a few days the mash will rise to the top and the mixture will start to bubble.
- Then rack off into another clean demijon filtering out all the mash. Top up with water and put somewhere warm to ferment.
- Once fermentation is complete then you can either rack off again to a clean demijon to settle out or add a settle pack to speed up the settlement and clearing of the wine.
- Bottle and leave
- Drink and be merry